Pages

Sunday, July 5, 2009

Our Fourth of July Weekend

We spent the 4th in our backyard.
BBQing, wading pool, swinging on the swing set in the dark. The smells of basil and firecrackers permeating the air. Lydia wondered if cheese crackers would light up too. :)We ended the day with smores roasted over a charcoal chimney and camping in our little tent. Pretty perfect. (Collin and I decided against actually sleeping in the tent. That wouldn't have been fun for anyone.)

























post signature

3 comments:

  1. i love that your camping with a dvd player. truly a family after my own heart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That cheeseburger looks so good! Glad you had such a festive holiday:0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I completely understand, we don't have family near either. I feel sad on holidays knowing others are hanging out with cousins, sisters and others. I totally love the camping in the back yard. I'm not a camper so I could partake in the smores and then come in for bed.

    ReplyDelete